Need help managing your energy cost?
Hydro Ottawa offers several programs to help low-income customers experiencing difficulty with paying their electricity bills. You must meet certain eligibility criteria to qualify for:
- The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP), which provides emergency financial relief to eligible low-income customers to avoid having their service disconnected.
- The Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP), which enables eligible low-income customers to receive a fixed monthly credit on their electricity bills.
- The Save on Energy Home Assistance Program (HAP) helps qualified homeowners, tenants and social and/or assisted housing providers improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
- Other programs and regulatory rules, which help eligible low-income customers to manage their electricity bills or reduce their energy costs.
- Qualified Low-Income Customers are not required to provide or maintain a security deposit.
- Arrears Payment Agreements (APA) are available. These Agreements allow eligible low-income customers more time to pay outstanding balances in order to avoid disconnection.
- Equalized billing, which is available to all customers, spreads your electricity payments evenly over 12 months. Equalized bills don’t rise or fall suddenly – even if your electricity usage does. Because of that, some consumers use it to help with their budget.