The Affordability Fund Trust (AFT) provides free energy-saving upgrades to eligible residential customers who do not qualify for low-income financial assistance programs. The AFT can help you lower your home’s energy use and your electricity bill.
- If you qualify for assistance you will receive one of three energy efficiency improvement packages. The level you qualify for depends on your net income and average energy bill.
- Depending on the level of support, you may receive an in-home visit from a Home Energy Advisor, a Home Energy Plan and upgrades that include ENERGY STAR® appliances, insulation, and/or an ENERGY STAR® heat pump.
- If you own, rent or lease a primary residence in Ontario and you are the utility account holder you are eligible.
NOTE - A few changes to the delivery of the Affordability Trust Fund (AFT) have been made in light of COVID-19. These changes are being initiated given the current public health environment to safeguard the well-being of employees, customers and the third parties involved in the process.
- With customer agreement, the delivery of Level 1 Home Energy Kits will continue. Customers may choose to have the delivery of their Kit deferred, with arrangements made that meet their needs.
- Submissions for Level 2 and Level 3 support will continue to be accepted and reviewed, however, work will not be scheduled for in-home assessments, estimates or installations until further notice.