Hydro Ottawa is strongly committed to making a positive difference in our community. By providing essential services and engaging with community members, Hydro Ottawa continues to be a responsive and supportive neighbour. Our Educational Partnerships Program (EPP) is designed to contribute to important educational initiatives in the communities we operate and to help build our workforce of tomorrow by increasing awareness of electricity systems and career opportunities. We provide assistance through financial and/or in-kind contributions for specific programs, events and initiatives.
Eligibility and Application Process
If you are an educational institution looking for Hydro Ottawa's support, please review the eligibility requirements below to determine if your request meets Hydro Ottawa's criteria.
Hydro Ottawa’s Educational Partnerships program offers partnerships of initiatives that will:
- Enhance public awareness and knowledge of Hydro Ottawa and the electricity sector;
- Provide potential recruitment opportunities;
- Support or encourage research and development opportunities;
- Provide opportunities to leverage new technologies and determine their impacts; and
- Provide Hydro Ottawa with opportunities to gain outside perspectives and expertise.
Some preference will be given to initiatives that focus on secondary school students.
Hydro Ottawa’s educational partnership program only supports requests from organizations who:
- Are recognized educational institutions;
- Provide benefits within the scope of Hydro Ottawa’s service territory; and
- Are not paid representatives or agents hired specifically to conduct fundraising activities.
If you meet Hydro Ottawa's eligibility requirements you may apply for sponsorship by completing our