We’re strongly committed to making a positive difference in our community.
Hydro Ottawa’s sponsorship and donations program provides assistance through financial and/or in-kind contributions to organizations, initiatives and events that relate to one or more of the following three priority areas:
- Education/capacity building;
- Renewable energy, energy efficiency and conservation; and
- Health, safety and wellness.
All discretionary requests are screened using a decision tool to ensure alignment with our priority areas.
The request must:
- Addresses issues within Hydro Ottawa Limited's service territory;
- Have a strategic fit with Hydro Ottawa's three areas of focus;
- Not be corporately branded by another organization; and
- Encourage Hydro Ottawa employee involvement.
Hydro Ottawa’s sponsorship and donation program does not support requests from:
- Groups not recognized by Canada Revenue Agency as registered charitable organizations;
- Organizations with religious affiliations;
- Paid representatives or agents hired to conduct fundraising activities;
- Political groups; and
- Organizations requesting a second or subsequent campaign that has already received funding in the same calendar year.