Your Preference Matters
Select your language preference in your online profile by April 30 and you could win a tablet!
Hydro Ottawa’s “Language Preference Campaign”
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES ("Contest Rules")
- An Eligible Contestant is a “Customer” (as set out in the Conditions of Service) of Hydro Ottawa Limited (“Hydro Ottawa”), who is:
- an individual of at least 18 years of age and is a legal resident of the province of Ontario; or
- a business operating in the province of Ontario and incorporated under the Ontario Business Corporations Act of the Canada Business Corporations Act.
The closing date is 11:59:59 pm ET on April 30, 2018.
- An Eligible Contestant must be a registered user on Hydro Ottawa’s My Account (online account) and have up to date contact information on file that includes one phone number, one email address and a mailing address if it is different from the service address. Residents of the Province of Quebec are not Eligible Contestants.
- Employees and directors of Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc., Hydro Ottawa Limited, Energy Ottawa Inc. and their subsidiaries, and their immediate family members and persons residing with an employee or director, or residing with a member of their immediate family members, are not eligible to receive a prize.
- No purchase necessary.
HOW TO ENTER
All Eligible Contestants will be automatically entered into the contest by Hydro Ottawa. Only one entry per account will be allowed. Acceptance of any prize constitutes acceptance of these Contest Rules.
- There are three identical prizes to be won in this contest.
- Each of the three (3) prizes is an AppleTM iPadTM 9.7” 32 GB Wi-Fi, A9 chip.
- The prizes will be given to the three (3) winners in the form of a 32GB Apple computer tablet from each valued at four hundred and forty nine dollars CDN ($449.00 CDN).
- The prizes must be accepted as awarded and the winners may not assign, transfer or substitute their prize (or a portion thereof), in whole or in part.
- Each winner must pick up their prize at Hydro Ottawa, 3025 Albion Road North, Ottawa, Ontario during regular business hours and sign an agreement and release form in order to receive their prize. Proof of identification required.
- Hydro Ottawa and its affiliates reserve the right, in their sole discretion; to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value should all or part of a prize become unavailable for any reason.
- A random draw from all Eligible Contestants will take place on or around, May 16, 2018 at 10:00am ET. There will be three entries drawn. All potential winners must meet the contest eligibility requirements. Odds of winning are solely dependent upon the number of eligible customers. Each potential eligible winner will be required to correctly answer a skill-testing question and must demonstrate that he/she has complied with the Contest Rules before the prize can be awarded to them.
- The potential winner will be notified by phone or email, or both, and must respond within a reasonable time but by no later than five (5) business days. If any of the potential winners does/do not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules or any potential winner does not correctly answer the skill-testing question or otherwise comply with the Contest Rules, he/she/they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize.
- In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for whatever reason, another entry will be drawn from the remaining eligible customers. Hydro Ottawa will attempt to contact the subsequent potential winner and the subsequent potential winner will be subject to the same conditions as set out in this Section 4.
- Neither Hydro Ottawa nor its affiliates will be responsible for the failure of a potential winner to receive notification or for a potential winner not being able to respond adequately as indicated above. Before being declared a winner, each Selected Contestant will be required to sign an agreement and release form:
- confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the prize as offered;
- releasing Hydro Ottawa and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this contest or participating in any prize-related activity or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation costs injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom;
- acknowledging that the prize is provided "as is" without any warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied; and
- granting Hydro Ottawa the unrestricted rights, in their collective or individual discretion, to publish without any further compensation the name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice and ideas of that Selected Contestant for advertising and promotional purposes.
Such agreement and release form must be executed and returned to Hydro Ottawa within fifteen (15) business days of the notification date indicated on the agreement and release form, otherwise the potential winner will be disqualified and will not receive the prize.
INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANTS
Each Eligible Contestant:
- releases and holds harmless Hydro Ottawa and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this contest, or participating in any prize-related activity;
- agrees to fully indemnify Hydro Ottawa and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators from any and all claims by third parties without limitation.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Hydro Ottawa and contest administrators are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur. Hydro Ottawa and contest administrators are not responsible for any injury or damage to Eligible Contestants or to any computer, whether related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials for this contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Hydro Ottawa which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, Hydro Ottawa and contest administrators reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
- By entering the contest, an Eligible Contestant agrees to: (i) the collection, use and disclosure by Hydro Ottawa of their personal information for the purposes of administering the contest and potentially awarding a prize, if any, including but not limited to releasing the name of a winner; (ii) Hydro Ottawa’s use of their name, likeness, and statements in any marketing and promotional activities and this without compensation.
- All collection, use, disclosure by Hydro Ottawa of the Eligible Contestant’s personal information shall be in accordance with Hydro Ottawa’s applicable privacy legislation and Privacy Statement as set out on the following url: https://hydroottawa.com/about/policies/privacy
- Any contestant attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest shall be subject to disqualification. Such disqualification shall be without prejudice to Hydro Ottawa’s rights accruing, and to any remedies subsisting under these Contest Rules. In addition, Hydro Ottawa shall be entitled to obtain damages from the contestant for any losses incurred directly resulting from such conduct.
- This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or to the policies of any other entity having jurisdiction over Hydro Ottawa.
- Hydro Ottawa reserves the right to amend or terminate any portion of this contest at any time and for any reason, without prior notice.
- In case of any discrepancy between the English and French versions of the Contest Rules, the English version prevails.