Hydro Ottawa is investing in your neighbourhood to safely deliver the highest level of customer service. We regularly evaluate, replace and upgrade the equipment in our electrical distribution system across the region.
Starting September 14, 2020, Hydro Ottawa will be undertaking a project that involves the installation of new duct banks and manholes along the south side of Meynell Road.
Overall, this project includes:
- Excavation activities to permit the construction and installation of new duct banks and manholes in the road right-of-way located on Meynell Road, between Perth Street and Pacing Walk.
- Final grading of all affected boulevard areas and road surfaces, as well as completion of all necessary concrete curb and sidewalk repairs.
Residents may notice increased construction presence throughout the duration of the project, including excavation activities and construction vehicles. Sidewalk closures will be required during certain construction phases of the project. Traffic control will be implemented when required to ensure that roads and sidewalks remain safe and accessible to staff. In order to minimize noise concerns, we will ensure the majority of the work is completed weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Streets: Meynell Road (Perth Street to Pacing Walk)
- Project start date: September 14, 2020
- Project end date: November 6, 2020
- Total Customers Impacted: 175 residential customers & 1 commercial customer
- Contractor on site: Bradley-Kelly Construction Limited
Customers impacted by power interruptions related to this project will be contacted by Hydro Ottawa at least 72 hours prior to the power interruption taking place, by phone, text, email and/or written notice delivered to their door. Customers will also be notified if the power interruption is to extend beyond the original duration time. In case of adverse weather, the power interruption may be rescheduled.