Hydro Ottawa is committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service, safety and reliability. Integral to this commitment is investment in our electricity distribution system in order to sustain existing infrastructure and to build new facilities. Programs include station and distribution system rehabilitation and upgrades, and expansion of sub-stations to accommodate customer growth and provide sufficient capacity for emergency and peak load situations.
When around our power line construction and maintenance crews, be sure to follow these tips to ensure both your safety and that of our employees.
- Be aware of all that is happening around you. Avoid distractions like cell phones or music devices.
- Follow signage and instructions from workers. Following signage is important even when there are no workers at the site, as the equipment itself may still pose hazards.
- If you are on foot, walk in designated areas. If you feel unsafe or uncomfortable walking through a construction site, ask for assistance.
- If you are in a vehicle, drive in designated areas, and be sure to keep a safe distance away from members of the crew.
- Keep well away from all equipment, especially while it is being operated.
- Our crews operate day and night in all weather conditions when responding to emergencies. If you encounter one of our crews at night or in hazardous weather, be sure to take extra precautions.
- If you see a Hydro Ottawa construction site that you believe is unsafe, call Hydro Ottawa to inform us of the hazards.