1. CONTEST PERIOD:
The Hydro Ottawa Limited (“Hydro Ottawa”) ‘Whiz Quiz Contest’ (the “Contest”) begins on January 10, 2024, at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on March 31, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”).
- To be eligible to receive a Prize, the participant must be an elementary school student (i.e. Grades JK to 8) of a school located in Hydro Ottawa Limited’s (“Hydro Ottawa”) service territory (“Eligible Participant”)
- Parent or guardian consent is necessary to enter the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the Contest, an Eligible Participant must complete and submit the quiz before the end of the Contest Period.
- Students will only have one attempt to complete the quiz each cycle. A student is eligible to enter the contest in all three cycles throughout the school year. Entry in this contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest Rules.
- Participation of the contest is only available online and it is not available in paper format Mail in entries will not be accepted.
- No purchase necessary.
- The Grand Prize is an Apple® iPad 10.2” (2021) - 64GB - Wi-Fi with an approximate value of $429 CAD (“Tablet”).
- A condition of accepting the Prize is that the Winner’s parent or guardian signs a Declaration and Release waiver.
5. WINNER SELECTION
- All completed quizzes submitted within the cycle will be entered into a random draw to win a tablet. One tablet will be awarded each cycle to one eligible student
- Odds of winning are solely dependent upon the number of eligible quiz completions received.
- The person listed as the adult (18+) on the quiz will be contacted and will notify the student winner of the tablet within two weeks after the completion of each cycle. The adult must respond within five (5) business days or another winner will be chosen.
- The parent or guardian must successfully respond to a skill testing question before it can receive the prize.
- Neither Hydro Ottawa nor its affiliates will be responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a winner not being able to receive notification or for a winner not being able to respond as prescribed above. Before being declared a winner, the parent or guardian of the winner will be required to sign the Declaration and Release, attached hereto as Schedule B:
- confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and acceptance of the prize as offered;
- releasing Hydro Ottawa and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in this Contest or participating in any prize-related activity or the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation costs injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising there from;
- acknowledging that the Prize is provided "as is" without any warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied; and
- Such agreement and release must be executed and returned to Hydro Ottawa within five (5) business days of the notification date indicated on the agreement and release or the winner will be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
6. INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANTS
By entering the Contest, each entrant:
- releases and holds harmless Hydro Ottawa and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this Contest, or participating in any prize-related activity; and
- agrees to fully indemnify Hydro Ottawa and its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators from any and all claims by third parties without limitation.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Hydro Ottawa and contest administrators assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, delayed, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release documents or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry). Hydro Ottawa and contest administrators are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries in the contest. Hydro Ottawa and contest administrators assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Hydro Ottawa and contest administrators are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. Hydro Ottawa and contest administrators are not responsible for any injury or damage to contestants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this contest. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Hydro Ottawa which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Hydro Ottawa and contest administrators reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
Any contestant attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest shall be subject to disqualification. Such disqualification shall be without prejudice to Hydro Ottawa’s rights accruing and remedies subsisting under these Contest Rules. In addition, Hydro Ottawa shall be entitled to obtain damages from the contestant for any losses incurred directly resulting from such conduct.
This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Hydro Ottawa.
Hydro Ottawa reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.
Apple® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Apple Inc. is not responsible for, nor affiliated with this Contest.