- CONTEST PERIOD: The Hydro Ottawa Limited (“Hydro Ottawa”) ‘Go Paperless Farm Boy Giveaway’ contest (the “Contest”) begins on January 15, 2021, at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on February 11, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win a Prize, a person must be at the time of entry into the Contest: (i) an individual legal resident of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec); (ii) have reached the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence; (iii) have an existing valid and active residential or commercial account; and (iv) have not already enrolled in Hydro Ottawa’s paperless or e-billing program. Employees of Hydro Ottawa, its affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family and household members of those persons are not eligible to enter the Contest. Hydro Ottawa shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. Hydro Ottawa, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Current Ottawa Hydro account holders who switch their Ottawa Hydro billing from paper billing to e-billing during the Contest Period and comply with these Contest Official Rules will be automatically entered into the Contest. There is no cost associated with enrolling in the e-billing program. All Contest entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on February 11, 2021. Hydro Ottawa is not responsible for and accepts no liability for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, or incomplete entries. Any other method of entry is void. Non-compliance with any entry procedure will result in disqualification.
- PRIZES: There are two (2) Prizes available to be won. A Prize consists of one $500 Gift Certificate from Farm Boy, with a retail value of $500.00 CAD (each a “Prize” and collectively the “Prizes”). The Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise. Hydro Ottawa reserves the right, in the event that any Prize or any component of a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize or component of a Prize of equal or greater value, without liability. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER HOUSEHOLD. The Prizes are subject to any terms, conditions, and restrictions imposed by their issuer or manufacturer.
- WINNER SELECTION: On or about 9:00 am ET on February 25, 2021, in Ottawa, Ontario, Hydro Ottawa will randomly select three (2) entries from all eligible entries of the Contest. The chances of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Before being declared a winner, the selected entrants will be contacted via the communication method detailed on their Ottawa Hydro account. Ottawa will contact the selected entrant who will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question; and (b) sign and return a Declaration, Consent and Release form (the “Release Form”) in order to receive a Prize. At least two (2) attempts will be made over the five (5) days following the draw to contact the selected entrant. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, fails to complete and return the Release Form within the five (5) business days after being contacted, or cannot accept a Prize for any reason, then at Hydro Ottawa’s sole discretion, that entrant will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected by random draw from remaining eligible entries. Hydro Ottawa will contact each winner following the receipt of their correctly answered mathematical skill-testing question and a signed Release Form to arrange for delivery of his/her Prize. Neither Hydro Ottawa nor its affiliates will be responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a winner not being able to receive notification or for a winner not being able to respond as prescribed above.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANTS
By entering the Contest, and, if applicable, completing the Release Form, each entrant: (i) releases and holds harmless Hydro Ottawa, its affiliated and related companies, shareholders, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, successors and assigns, as well as Farm Boy, and their respective shareholders, employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, or participating in any Prize-related activity; and (ii) agrees to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for: (i) any lost, late, delayed, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release documents; (ii) any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry); (iii) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iv) or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; (v) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (vi) any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telecommunication networks or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing; and (vii) any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest.
- PRIVACY AND CONSENT
By entering the Contest, all entrants consent to the use, without compensation, of their name, including audio/video images, statements and/or photograph, or other likenesses for any publicity purpose connected with the Contest within or outside of Canada.
Each entrant hereby grants permission to Hydro Ottawa to contact them regarding any matters related to the Contest.
Any entrant attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest shall be disqualified. Such disqualification shall be without prejudice to Hydro Ottawa’s rights accruing and remedies subsisting under these Contest Official Rules. In addition, Hydro Ottawa shall be entitled to seek damages from the entrant for any losses incurred directly or indirectly resulting from such conduct.
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Hydro Ottawa.
The Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Hydro Ottawa and all entrants hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of that Province, sitting in the City of Ottawa, Ontario, in respect of the determination of any matter, issue or dispute arising under or in respect of these Contest Official Rules and/or the Contest and agree that any such determination shall be brought solely and exclusively before such courts.
Hydro Ottawa reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of the Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.