For the sixth consecutive year, Hydro Ottawa has been named one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, a testament to the company’s commitment to attract and engage young talent. With a significant portion of its workforce set to retire over the next ten years, Hydro Ottawa recognizes that young people represent the future and is focused on creating an environment aligned with their values.
Job satisfaction, career development and advancement, and social inclusivity are some of the key benefits to working at Hydro Ottawa. These qualities are important to younger generations, and Hydro Ottawa continues to meet these needs.
The utility’s programs for younger workers are designed to ensure they provide meaningful contributions to the organization and community early in their careers. Hydro Ottawa’s Youth Council, robust summer and co-op student programs, internships, career development opportunities and trades apprenticeships are just some of the ways the utility offers an attractive work environment for the next generation of workers.
Applications for the company’s coveted summer student program are now open and those interested can read more on the utility’s website.
- The company’s Youth Council generates insight on issues involving or affecting youth at Hydro Ottawa, and improves networking opportunities for young professionals within the company.
- The company continues to invest in internships and apprenticeship programs, summer students and co-op programs.
- Apprentices represent nearly 20 per cent of Hydro Ottawa’s trades workforce
- Hydro Ottawa offers mentoring and coaching programs as well as training and development programs that support young people to grow within the company.
“Hydro Ottawa is working to attract young people to our company so they can share their passion, skills and enthusiasm with us and help us become an even better, more innovative company.”
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer
Manager, Media and Public Affairs
Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 2345