Hydro Ottawa Limited's distribution rates and services are regulated by the Ontario Energy Board, an independent provincial government agency. At any time, Hydro Ottawa Limited may have one or more applications before the OEB, and may be participating in other OEB-sponsored proceedings.
EB-2019-0261 Custom Incentive Regulation (CIR)
EB-2019-0261: Hydro Ottawa Limited filed an application with the Ontario Energy Board on February 10, 2020 under section 78 of the Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c.15 Sched. B, seeking approval to change the rates that Hydro Ottawa charges for electricity distribution, to be effective January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2025.
Throughout 2020, Hydro Ottawa has participated in an open, public and transparent process administered by the OEB with intervenors representing different customer groups. A decision on Hydro Ottawa’s rates for 2021-2025 was issued by the OEB on January 7th, 2021. The rates approved by the OEB are lower than those that were originally proposed by Hydro Ottawa, yet are sufficient for Hydro Ottawa to maintain its distribution system in a safe and reliable manner for the next five years.
Approved residential distribution rate changes summary
Residential customers are charged a monthly fixed distribution charge, which covers Hydro Ottawa’s costs to safely and reliably deliver electricity from generating stations across Ontario to homes in Ottawa and Casselman.
Hydro Ottawa’s current monthly fixed distribution charge for residential customers is $28.64. In 2021, the monthly fixed distribution charge for residential customers will increase to $29.06. By the end of the five year term, the distribution charge will be $32.21, representing an increase of $3.57 from 2020.
Fixed Distribution Only
Monthly fixed rate
Monthly rate change ($)
Annual percentage increase (%)
These documents may not currently be fully accessible to the visually impaired, please contact us for any required assistance.
DECISIONS AND ORDERS:
NOTICE OF HEARING:
Issued March 4, 2020
KEY APPLICATION DOCUMENTS:
- Application Cover Letter (PDF, 56KB)
- Updated Customer Summary (PDF, 2.26MB)
- Updated Executive Summary (PDF, 403KB)
UPDATED APPLICATION AND EVIDENCE Filed May 5, 2020
- Hydro Ottawa UPDATED Exhibits 1-9 May 5, 2020 (PDF, 33.8MB)
- EB-2019-0261 Update for 2019 Actuals Cover Letter and Table of Revisions (PDF, 195KB)
ORIGINAL APPLICATION AND EVIDENCE
- Exhibit 1 - Administration (PDF, 57.5MB)
- Exhibit 2 - Rate Base (PDF, 55.9MB)
- Exhibit 3 - Operating Revenue (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Exhibit 4 - Operating Expenses (PDF, 35.1MB)
- Exhibit 5 - Cost of Capital and Capital Structure (PDF, 9.6MB)
- Exhibit 6 - Calculation of Revenue Deficiency or Surplus (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Exhibit 7 - Cost Allocation Study Requirements (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Exhibit 8 - Rate Design (PDF, 5.4MB)
- Exhibit 9 - Deferral and Variance Accounts (PDF, 2.9MB)
For live versions of excel files submitted as part of EB-2019-0261, as well as interrogatory responses, undertakings and hearing transcripts, refer to Hydro Ottawa’s application on the OEB’s Advanced Regulatory Document Search, or contact Hydro Ottawa at [email protected]