Hydro Ottawa Limited's distribution rates and services are regulated by the Ontario Energy Board, an independent provincial government agency. At any time, Hydro Ottawa Limited may have one or more applications before the OEB, and may be participating in other OEB-sponsored proceedings.
EB-2019-0261 Custom Incentive Regulation (CIR)
EB-2019-0261: Hydro Ottawa Limited filed an application with the Ontario Energy Board on February 10, 2020 under section 78 of the Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c.15 Sched. B, seeking approval to change the rates that Hydro Ottawa charges for electricity distribution, to be effective January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2025.
Proposed residential distribution rate changes summary
Residential customers are charged a monthly fixed distribution charge, which covers Hydro Ottawa’s costs to safely and reliably deliver electricity from generating stations across Ontario to homes in Ottawa and Casselman.
Hydro Ottawa’s current monthly fixed distribution charge for residential customers is $28.64. Hydro Ottawa is proposing to increase the monthly charge to $29.95 in 2021. By the end of the five-year term, the distribution charge is proposed to be $35.56, representing a rate increase of $6.92.
|2020 Current||2021 Proposed||2022 Proposed||2023 Proposed||2024 Proposed||2025 Proposed||2021-2025 Average|
|Monthly fixed distribution rate||$28.64||$29.95||$32.13||$33.97||$34.95||$35.56|
|Monthly rate change ($)|
|Annual percentage increase (%)||4.57%||7.28%||5.73%||2.88%||1.75%||4.44%|
NOTICE OF HEARING:
Issued March 4, 2020
KEY APPLICATION DOCUMENTS:
- Application Cover Letter (PDF, 56KB)
- Updated Customer Summary (PDF, 2.26MB)
- Updated Executive Summary (PDF, 403KB)
UPDATED APPLICATION AND EVIDENCE Filed May 5, 2020
- Hydro Ottawa UPDATED Exhibits 1-9 May 5, 2020 (PDF, 33.8MB)
- EB-2019-0261 Update for 2019 Actuals Cover Letter and Table of Revisions (PDF, 195KB)
ORIGINAL APPLICATION AND EVIDENCE
- Exhibit 1 - Administration (PDF, 57.5MB)
- Exhibit 2 - Rate Base (PDF, 55.9MB)
- Exhibit 3 - Operating Revenue (PDF, 2.4MB)
- Exhibit 4 - Operating Expenses (PDF, 35.1MB)
- Exhibit 5 - Cost of Capital and Capital Structure (PDF, 9.6MB)
- Exhibit 6 - Calculation of Revenue Deficiency or Surplus (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Exhibit 7 - Cost Allocation Study Requirements (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Exhibit 8 - Rate Design (PDF, 5.4MB)
- Exhibit 9 - Deferral and Variance Accounts (PDF, 2.9MB)