Hydro Ottawa continues its record as a top National Capital Region employer this year as a result of its ongoing commitment to employee, workplace, and community engagement.
Hydro Ottawa places an emphasis on its company culture through initiatives aimed at strengthening internal innovation and communication, community outreach and volunteering, and preparing for a highly skilled, diverse, and sustainable workforce for years to come.
The annual competition, which forms part of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, recognizes the region’s most exceptional places to work by identifying those employers that lead in attracting and retaining employees.
For more information about Hydro Ottawa’s selection, visit the National Capital Region’s Top Employers website at www.canadastop100.com/ottawa.
- As a community company, Hydro Ottawa gives back through its annual United Way workplace campaign and encourages employees to support important causes through a paid volunteer day.
- Hydro Ottawa’s Diversity Council, which launched groups like a Youth Council, Accessibility Committee and Pride Network, advises on how the company can continue to drive progress on diversity and inclusion.
- Hydro Ottawa’s unique partnership with Algonquin College leverages the strengths of our seasoned workers and retirees in the delivery of a two-year Powerline Technician Diploma Program. The program helps us recruit trades talent, and in 2016, we hired 10 graduates from the program.
- Hydro Ottawa’s award-winning ‘Prime Time’ initiative engages older workers and retirees by keeping them connected to the organization; ensuring the transfer of valuable knowledge from experienced employees to those starting their careers.
“Our workforce is our greatest strength. I take great pride in how our employees serve the community on a daily basis – from delivering reliable power to making our community more sustainable. This recognition would not be possible without our dedicated team who put the customer at the centre of everything they do.”
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer
Manager, Media and Public Affairs
Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 345