Hydro Ottawa is honoured to be recognized at the Ontario Energy Association Excellence Awards as Company of the Year for its industry-leading best practices, including its growing green energy generation portfolio.
The award acknowledges a company that has raised the bar for best practices in Ontario’s electricity sector, recognizing a variety of business areas, including financial operations, customer service, environmental practices and technology.
The award was presented last night in Toronto.
- Hydro Ottawa is the largest municipally-owned producer of green power in the province of Ontario, generating enough renewable energy to power 62,000 homes annually.
- By the end of 2017, with the expansion of its Chaudière Falls generating facility, scheduled to be operational in 2017, that number will increase to approximately 107,000 homes (equivalent to one-third of Hydro Ottawa’s customer base).
- Recently, Hydro Ottawa expanded its green energy generation portfolio to include:
- The acquisition of 10 run-of-the-river hydroelectric facilities in Ontario and upper New York State;
- The purchase of all remaining Hydro-Québec hydroelectric assets at Chaudière Falls; and
- A new large-scale solar initiative project with the City of Ottawa that will see an annual output of 3,000,000 kWh.
- Hydro Ottawa’s overall customer satisfaction score has increased from 83 per cent to 87 per cent.
- To date, more than $890,000 in contributions has been provided to a range of non-profit agencies through the company’s Community Investment Program.
- Hydro Ottawa continues to develop and promote customer self-serve options and has over one-third of all its customers subscribed to e-billing.
“I am humbled by this recognition that speaks not only to our commitment to growing our green energy generation but to the continued excellence in our operations. Being acknowledged in this manner by our provincial peers in the energy sector is quite meaningful.”
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer
Manager, Media and Public Affairs
Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 345