This Site is operated by Hydro Ottawa Limited (hereinafter referred to as "Hydro Ottawa"). All information, graphics and other materials contained on this site are protected by the Canadian laws of copyright. No one may copy, redistribute, reproduce or republish in any form any material located on this Site without the written authorization of Hydro Ottawa. Hydro Ottawa grants to you a limited licence to print and copy information contained on this web site for your personal, non-commercial use. Hydro Ottawa may revoke this limited licence at any time.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
The content of this Site is provided for information purposes only. The material on this Site is not intended to provide legal advice to any individual and should not be relied upon in that regard. Reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy, veracity, timeliness and quality of the content provided on this Site. Hydro Ottawa makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this Site and accepts no responsibility arising from the reliance upon the information contained therein.
Hydro Ottawa will not be responsible for any damages arising from or connected with the use of this Site, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or economic loss.
Hydro Ottawa reserves the right to edit, delete, modify, vet or change any material posted on this Site at its sole discretion. In particular, Hydro Ottawa warns users that rate and cost information contained on this site is subject to change and may be subject to different application depending upon particular situations.
Terms Applicable to All Online Services
Your use of Online Services will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada.
Specific Online Services
MyAccount (online account)
MyAccount is a service that provides customers with electronic access to their account information including bill, payment and electricity consumption history.
By registering for MyAccount you have the ability to:
- Subscribe to online billing. E-mail notifications will be sent to you when your electronic bill is ready for viewing. Any failure by you to receive e-mail notification that your bill is ready for viewing (including, but not limited to, providing Hydro Ottawa with an incorrect email address, not checking your email, exceeded mail quotas) will not limit your obligation to pay your bill prior to the deadline for payment.
- View, download and print your bill as well as any inserts and enclosures included with the bill. Please check with your financial institution to confirm that printed copies of your electronic bills can be used to pay in person or for mailing payment to Hydro Ottawa. The absence of the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) coding may prevent the processing of your payment.
- Enroll in an automated payment plan.
- View your electricity usage and billing history.
By registering for MyAccount, you accept the following responsibilities:
- You will ensure that information provided to Hydro Ottawa - including your e-mail address - is correct and current and that you will notify Hydro Ottawa of any changes to that information;
- You will not alter, distort or otherwise change the content of any electronic bill information or any inserts included with an electronic bill or attempt to do so in any way;
- You will not access or attempt to access any bill information of any other person.