Need help managing your energy cost?
Hydro Ottawa offers several programs to help customers experiencing difficulty with paying their electricity bills. You must meet certain eligibility criteria to qualify for:
- The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP), which provides emergency financial relief to eligible low-income customers to avoid having their service disconnected.
- The COVID-19 Energy Assistance Programs (CEAP & CEAP-SB) are now closed
Hydro Ottawa is no longer accepting applications for the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Programs for residential (CEAP) and small business (CEAP-SB) customers. Hydro Ottawa’s share of funding provided by the Ontario Energy Board (OEB) has been depleted, and as a result, both programs are now closed.
As prescribed by the OEB, credits were allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information on funding allocation, please consult the OEB’s CEAP page.
- The Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP), which enables eligible low-income customers to receive a fixed monthly credit on their electricity bills.
- The Energy Affordability Program (EAP) helps qualified homeowners, tenants and social and/or assisted housing providers improve the energy efficiency of their homes.
- Other programs and regulatory rules, which help eligible low-income customers to manage their electricity bills or reduce their energy costs:
- Qualified Low-Income Customers are not required to provide or maintain a security deposit.
- Arrears Payment Agreements (APA) are available. These Agreements allow eligible customers more time to pay outstanding balances in order to avoid disconnection.