As a customer-centric organization, Hydro Ottawa knows that it is important to represent the communities it serves. That’s just one of the reasons why the company invests time and energy in ensuring it has an inclusive work environment and workforce – efforts that have once again been recognized with Hydro Ottawa’s selection as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
Thanks to an executive-sponsored Diversity and Inclusion Council, its related sub-committees, and a Diversity and Inclusion Plan that was first launched in 2014, the company has succeeded in cultivating a culture of belonging. The Plan focuses on changing employee behaviours and fostering a respectful and inclusive workplace where every member of the Hydro Ottawa family feels like they belong and are a valuable contributor. Hydro Ottawa truly demonstrates how a diverse workforce provides a competitive advantage, spurs innovation, drives growth and is a better reflection of the communities it serves.
- 50 per cent of Hydro Ottawa’s Board of Directors are women, 38 per cent of Hydro Ottawa’s executives are women and 36 per cent of its managers are women.
- Hydro Ottawa has five employee-led diversity councils/committees.
- As part of the Diversity and Inclusion Plan, Hydro Ottawa is working on over 70 different initiatives that drive change through employee awareness, training and support and community partnerships.
- Hydro Ottawa launched a new Woman’s Inclusion Network in 2018.
- Hydro Ottawa has been a Canadian Centre for Diversity & Inclusion (CCDI) Employer Partner since 2014 and a Founding Partner of Electricity Human Resources Canada’s Leadership Accord on Gender Diversity.
“I am immensely proud that Hydro Ottawa has been selected as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for the second year in a row. This award acknowledges the work, passion and commitment of our employees in championing an inclusive and welcoming work environment for all. We are a stronger company because of our commitment to diversity, which not only spurs innovation and growth, but allows us to better serve the communities and customers we work for.”
- Bryce Conrad, President and Chief Executive Officer
Manager, Media and Public Affairs
Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. 2345