Get a $400 rebate when you replace a constant-speed pool pump with a variable-speed pump. Most constant-speed swimming pool pumps run 24/7, often at a higher speed than necessary for the task. That's a big opportunity to save electricity!
A variable-speed pump uses electricity only when needed - up to a 90% reduction!
Near-silent performance will keep your poolside peaceful.
Not running a pump at full speed, 24/7 will help keep equipment lasting longer
To qualify, participants must:
- be a single-family residential customer of Hydro Ottawa or Renfrew Hydro;
- own an inground swimming pool with a constant-speed pool pump motor;
- purchase a qualifying variable-speed pool pump from a participating pool pump vendor;
- have the variable-speed pool pump installed by the participating Vendor or the Vendor's contracted installer.
All participating vendors must be a member of the Pool & Hot Tub Council of Canada.
- Rebates are applied at the time of the purchase.
- To qualify, new pumps must replace existing constant-speed pumps.
- All customers must sign a Customer Participation Agreement form.
- You will need to collect customer information such as pool size, pump size and run time, at the time of the installation.
- Some customers may be contacted for follow-up site visits and/or interviews.