Hydro Ottawa’s Distribution System Design team offers its expertise in design, costing, financial administration, and project management to builders and contractors undertaking new construction, retrofit or upgrade projects.
We provide these services in a timely and cost-efficient way, ensuring that each project adheres to Ontario Energy Board (OEB) regulations, Canadian Standards Association (CSA) standards, and to Hydro Ottawa’s internal standards and Conditions of Service.
The following outlines Hydro Ottawa’s services for Commercial, Overhead and Underground, and Residential projects, together with contact information for Hydro Ottawa representatives who can provide further guidance.
Customer Layouts detail the design and cost of the required electrical work for a customer’s service entrance.
- Commercial and residential infill projects with an annual electricity demand less than or equal to 50kW
- Electrical disconnects and reconnects
- Removal of electrical service
- FIT and microFIT projects
- Minor overhead or underground plant reconfigurations and extensions
- Support for hydro poles during excavation projects
- Field review of third-party attachments to hydro poles
- Review and resolution of line clearance issues
Please complete an electrical service request.
Contact: Ronald Roy
Supervisor, Distribution Design Service Layout
Phone: 613-738-5499 | ext. 7153 Cell: 613-880-4725
New commercial services and upgrades for projects with an annual electricity demand over 50kW.
- Commercial primary pad-mounted transformers and vault services
- Transformer vault rehabs
- Metering for new and retrofit projects, both unit metering and glass metering
- Design services related to complex campuses and high-voltage loops
Contact: Christopher Murphy
Supervisor, Distribution Commercial Design
Phone: 613-738-5499 | ext. 7114 Cell: 613-868-1548
Overhead and Underground
New construction, rehabilitation and relocation of OH and UG Trunk infrastructure.
- Third-party underground civil and cable relocations
- Underground sustainment projects, including support for new and rebuilt substations
- Heavy civil infrastructure
- Manhole rebuilds
- Third-party overhead line relocations
- Overhead sustainment projects, including fiber installations
- Cable replacements
Contact: Emmanuel Coffie
Supervisor, Distribution Design Overhead & Underground
Phone: 613-738-5499 | ext. 7225 Cell: 613-913-4021
Residential servicing of projects of five or more units/homes with a required amperage of 100, 200, 400 and 600 amps at 120/240V.
- Servicing of residential underground subdivisions
- Servicing of private residential sites
Contact: Kevin Perez-Lau
Supervisor, Distribution Residential Design
Phone: 613-738-5499 | ext. 7172 Cell: 613-880-9434