Hydro Ottawa’s Distribution System Design team offers its expertise in design, costing, financial administration, and project management to builders and contractors undertaking new construction, retrofit or upgrade projects.
We provide these services in a timely and cost-efficient way, ensuring that each project adheres to Ontario Energy Board (OEB) regulations, Canadian Standards Association (CSA) standards, and to Hydro Ottawa’s internal standards and Conditions of Service.
The following outlines Hydro Ottawa’s services for Customer Layouts and Commercial, Residential, and Overhead and Underground projects. Please access the link provided to submit a service request.
Customer Layouts detail the design and cost of the required electrical work for a customer’s service entrance.
- Commercial and residential infill projects with an annual electricity demand less than or equal to 50kW
- Electrical disconnects and reconnects
- Removal of electrical service
- FIT and microFIT projects
- Minor overhead or underground plant reconfigurations and extensions
- Support for hydro poles during excavation projects
- Field review of third-party attachments to hydro poles
- Review and resolution of line clearance issues
Please complete an electrical service request.
New commercial services and upgrades for projects with an annual electricity demand over 50kW.
- Commercial primary pad-mounted transformers and vault services
- Transformer vault rehabs
- Metering for new and retrofit projects, both unit metering and glass metering
- Design services related to complex campuses and high-voltage loops
Overhead and Underground
New construction, rehabilitation and relocation of OH and UG Trunk infrastructure.
- Third-party underground civil and cable relocations
- Underground sustainment projects, including support for new and rebuilt substations
- Heavy civil infrastructure
- Manhole rebuilds
- Third-party overhead line relocations
- Overhead sustainment projects, including fiber installations
- Cable replacements
Residential servicing of projects of five or more units/homes with a required amperage of 100, 200, 400 and 600 amps at 120/240V.
- Servicing of residential underground subdivisions
- Servicing of private residential sites
- For contractors, electricians, or developers, please click the “Contractor, electrician, general contractor or developer” option and enter your login credentials
- If you do not have a contractor login, you will have to register for one. Fill out the “Contractor Registration” page.
- Once logged in the “Service Request Form'' select work type and follow the steps. Fill out the required information to complete the form.
- Click “Submit Request”